Sunday, October 9, 2011

Confusion.

Hall and I are looking for our first house. Overwhelmed is pretty much how we feel every time we go out and look at real estate in our area. We usually don't find much we like, and on top of that the market here is outrageous. We balk at the price of some of literal crap we are shown and think about how much it would cost at home and then get homesick. ;) On the rare occasion we find something we like. Yesterday we found two houses we want to put an offer on and now are faced with the decision of which to choose. A position I never thought we would be in in this market. Of course they are both the same price. Ha!

We both love each house. One Hall loves more and one I love more, but...we could both be happy in either one. One is in our current neighborhood. Close to the beach, walkable to restaurants, the water, aquarium, the marina, and the boardwalk. It's small, but larger than the house we are currently in, and here's the kicker...it needs zero work. It's great the way it is and the kitchen makes me swoon.

The other house is on 1/2 acre, in a fantastic neighborhood, and the yard is AMAZING. HUGE HUGE oak tree in the center of the shrub lined backyard with a swing on it. We both envision Jack on that swing and Frank running in the yard. It's a HUGE house. 1,000 more square feet than the other but needs a TON of work. There are hardwoods under the brown shag carpet, the bathrooms are pink and old and the kitchen is so sad. The house has major potential and gets my creative juices flowing, but its overwhelming and I think part of me is still adjusting to the fact of living in the 'burbs. And such a giant house needs a lot of upkeep, am I truly ready for that?

Both houses Jack & I can walk to school (yes I've jumped already to 1) Jack walking & 2) going to school. ;) Ridiculous.

I wish I could say Hall is def. leaning towards one and I'm leaning towards one, but as soon as we decide yes lets put the offer on this one then we talk ourselves into the other one. What to do? We'll figure it out I'm sure. Prayers have been said for the right decision and hopefully they are soon answered before one or both are no longer on the market ;) If both houses were similar, then we wouldn't have this problem, but each houses offers an entirely different sort of living. Which path do we choose?

No comments: