Like I say every time...Another one bites the dust! The half bath is complete. It sounds like we did a lot to it and we didn't. We took down wallpaper, installed new lighting, painted, hung a new mirror, put up bead board and painted, and painted, and painted. The fixtures were fine for us so we didn't change them. In fact they are relatively new. The tile on the floor is white tile and while not my favorite thing in the whole world, it's fine enough to not rip up and replace. If this was our forever and ever house maybe, but it's not so why waste the money? Enjoy the pics. Again this before is with the old homeowners things.
I had to show off Hall's detail work here on the moulding. Nice job!
You know what you don't think about when renovating a house? The little things. The amount of money spent on switching out light switches, light plates, new door knobs, handles, and hinges, blinds, air registers, etc etc etc. Being the resident plumber and electrician, I replaced the vanity light and switches myself and removed the toilet for Hall so he could put up the bead board. We saved money in being able to do that ourselves, but what about the people who pay an electrician every time? I can't imagine!
No comments:
Post a Comment