If you've talked to us in the last few weeks then you know our dilemma with painting. Hall is a gigantic fan of the show This Old House. If you've ever seen it then you know how perfectionistic and frankly good those guys are. Well that's where Hall gets his home improvement info from. Every time we go to do something we have to look up what This Old House says to do. Well guess what they say for painting? Sand the walls. Yup sand them. Then put on your first coat and sand them again. So guess what we did? Sanded every f-ing(excuse the language) wall in that room and all the trim. I put the kabash on sanding after the first coat of paint and told Hall that was excessive. I will say, the walls look good, damn good. So needless to say the sanding routine will continue. I've sanded the walls and trim in the living room it just needs paint now. Sounds like a pain in the arse and it is. Hall walked out that first day looking like an albino and my wood floors had dusty footprints all over them. It was awful. But well worth it in the end. We ended up with a color called Relaxed Khaki from Sherwin Williams. We used their Cashmere line and it went up beautifully. I swore when I worked at Cottage Living to never use a taupe or taupey like color but I fell in love with this one for this particular room. With all the blue we needed something to bring it all back down. The trim we painted Alabaster White also by Sherwin Williams.
The curtains in this room I made. Huge gasp from those who know me. I bought a sewing machine, another huge gasp, on Monday of this week (surprise Hall!!). It's Friday and the curtains are hung. I watched a bunch of You Tube videos on how to use my sewing machine, Yes, You Tube. Then I watched You Tube to figure out how to make Three Pinch Pleat Curtains. I'm very visual. If you show me how to do something one time I can do it. I love my sewing machine and love my curtains and can't wait to tackle more projects. I found the fabric at Hancock on sale for $6.50/yard. It looks great in the room. So there you go! Voila!
Are we finished with this room, nope not yet. I have more to do. One place giving me hangups is this gigantic wall opposite our bed. Any ideas????

No comments:
Post a Comment