Thursday, September 1, 2011

2 Weeks

Two weeks and our lives have changed dramatically and then not so dramatically at all. It's insane how much we love our little baby boy, and I am so surprised by the amount we love each other even more. In the back of my mind I always assumed having a kid was a kiss of death to any marriage, well not that dramatic, but I assumed it just changed everything and not necessarially in a good way. I have to say I was so wrong. Having Jack has only strengthened our marriage and made our love for each other stronger. I have never understood fully how truly wonderful of a partner Hall is for me until these past two weeks. He has been amazing. And to see him with Jack, well my heart melts every time. I'm not going to lie I have never known what tired was until these last few weeks, we are exhausted and as amazing as being a new parent is we are feeling the lack of sleep, the frustrating nights, and the uncertainty of being parents. Suddenly we are a mom and dad and it's crazy to wrap our heads around.

I could write for hours and hours about childbirth and the hospital and I might in the next few weeks when I have time. I could also write a paragraph about the things you need that no one tells you about ahead of time (ie, vaseline for boys, mylecon drops, rubbing alcohol). And I will probably do that soon as well. For now here are a few more pics of Jack. Our favorite time is bath time. We like to put his little towels on him and think he looks like a gypsy. Sorry Jack, it's just too much fun. Our first set of grandparents have come to visit and then we have the other two sets coming this weekend and next. We're so excited for everyone to get to meet Jack.

ON a last update note, we had his two week appt. this morning and he weighs in at 8lbs 9 oz. He is doing great and his umbilical cord fell off this morning! Yay! He's growing so much it's unbelievable.







No comments: