Saturday, November 3, 2012

Homecoming

Today was a big day in Oceana. Homecoming day! The ship Hall was deployed on went back out to fight in Afghanistan five months after they got back. This time those guys served an 8 month deployment. The fly in was today. While I was out there shooting pics for a friend Hall's old squadron, the Knighthawks, flew over on their way back to their hanger and I got so emotional. A lot of the wives who were in the squadron with me are still there. Their husbands left for 6 months, came home and left 5 months later for an 8 month deployment. I am so incredibly happy for all those reunited families. 

I had the pleasure of taking pics of my girlfriend Ariana and her husband, Nathan. Nathan joined his new squadron in March over in Afghanistan. He left Ariana at the time who was 4 months pregnant...with twins. He came home today and laid eyes on his 3.5 month old baby girls today. I was honored to be able to capture that special moment when he first saw his daughters. So sweet. He couldn't stop smiling. 







                     I love the look Penny is giving him. She is already in love with her daddy. ;) 

No comments: