Just passing the time reading during the storm.
I ventured to church during the hurricane. I had to get out of the house. It wore Jack out ;)
Trying to stay warm until the heat came back on.
During the hurricane madness I had the pleasure of watching my brothers dog, Boomer. Boomer was and is great. He weathered the storm well, kept me warm in bed along with Frank ;), played non stop with Frank and Jack and everyone sort of wore the other out. It worked out well having him here. Jack LOVES Boomer. Loves! Every morning when I go in his room Boomer is right there with me. The first thing Jack does is yell "Boom!!!!" Then Boomer goes running over and licks Jack on the face, who in turn giggles, runs to another corner of the crib and starts the whole charade all over again. I don't know what I'm going to do when Drew takes Boomer back. Jack and Frank will be devastated. ;(
In bed, under the covers no less.
While all this was going on I had to get started on painting our den. The den is connected to the kitchen and has a bar in it. We bit the bullet and are getting new cabinets, sinks, hardware, countertops etc next week!!!! The bar area will match the kitchen and they both share walls with the den. The den is probably our favorite room to hang out in. It has the fireplace and connects to the backyard. It was so ugly though. Like super ugly. Why we waited so long to paint it is beyond comprehension. 3 coats of primer and 2 coats of Window Pane by Sherwin Williams later it's done! Here is a sneak peak, more pics to come after Christmas when we have the installation done.
Horrible pics, but all I have for now.
This was Jack's second halloween and the second Halloween Hall missed. I was really bummed and I KNOW Hall was super bummed about missing this one. We made it fun anyway though and Jack had a blast! He was a giraffe. (Or a cow if you ask my Dad;)) I loaded him up in his little push car and we went up and down the block for an hour before bed time. Jack ran up all the sidewalks and would stand right in front of the door. Then when someone answered he would dive for my legs and hide behind them. He was a HIT. Even the other kids trick or treating commented on how cute he looked in his costume. Seeing him run up the sidewalks in his costume was so surreal. It was also SO MUCH FUN! I loved every minute of it. At the end of the night on our walk back to the house I gave in and let jack suck on a lollipop. Love at first lick. He wouldn't put the thing down. I embedded two videos. One is of his lollipop and the other is him walking up to a door to trick or treat. Neither is great video quality but I just think he looks too adorable not to share.
Eating a PB&J like a big boy before going trick or treating. Have I told you he LOVES PB&J?










No comments:
Post a Comment