Monday, July 30, 2012

Foyer

Here are some before and afters of the foyer. It's still a work in progress. Gemma came up and kept Jack for us so Hall and I could get away and she also helped us wallpaper and paint the foyer. She was a HUGE help. I have one before pic of the foyer from when we initially looked at the house it's not a great shot. The wallpaper that is up in the foyer is the same dainty pattern that was in the dining room before I spent 2 weeks ripping it down. It's original to the house and from the 60's. It's true paper. You can rip it and can see the drywall behind it if it gets wet. So after doing the dining room I decided to wallpaper over the old wallpaper ( I know I know big no no) in the foyer. I was not about to spend 2 more weeks of my time taking it down. Because of the nature of the existing wallpaper it worked great and it's basically like a paper backing anyway so I don't feel too bad about it.

                                                                     Before

After

Baby Gates, they're all the rage. You should get one ;) Still need to paint or replace doorbell cover on the wall. Hideous. 

           


                                                                Jack's toys....just ignore;)






I chose a York Wallpaper from the Candice Olsen collection. It was way more pricey than I anticipated and Hall doesn't want to talk about it. We ran out about half way through the foyer and had to order more, it didn't go over well. ;) The chair rail was existing and we painted the bottom half of the wall the same color as our dining room. Dovetail by Sherwin Williams. The trim is Alabaster also by Sherwin Williams. We replaced all the door hardware with oil rubbed bronze knobs, now we need a new front door and a new light fixture. We also ripped up the carpet up the stairs and down the upstairs hallway and are still in the process of sanding those risers, walls and trim, you can tell by our wall of paint swatches ;) It's still in progress. Enjoy!




No comments: