Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sunroom

The sunroom in our house is pretty special and I imagine will soon become our favorite place to hang out. We are lucky in that it has electric heat through a baseboard heater so we can still use the room in the winter months. I had envisioned replacing the current outdated light fixture with a lantern, but after our 81 degree day last week I realized how hot it is in there and will be in the summer. So I'm thinking a ceiling fan might be the winner. We'll see. I'm still not finished with this room. I'm going to pot some plants and herbs to keep out here and make some pillows for the chairs. I'm showing the before because it's pretty crazy how different it looks and all I did was remove the astroturf. I was going to paint, but I love the white. The room opens on either side with a sliding glass door to either of our two patios. And you access it through our den with a sliding glass door that I would eventually like to replace with french doors possibly one day.

before with old owners furniture


1 comment:

Jen said...

The house looks so good! And Jack is getting so BIG!! It's amazing how fast they grow. :)