Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Homecoming

I recently got the opportunity to shoot a homecoming for a woman who's husband was coming home from deployment on the USS George H W Bush. Her husband is also a pilot and he actually came home with the boat and not in a fly in. I actually did not know Sarah before this, I was recommended to her by a mutual friend. There is a organization called Op Love that hooks up military husbands and wives with photographers who offer their services for free to shoot these military homecomings. I actually am not a part of the organization but I need to sign up. I really enjoyed capturing Greg and Sarah's homecoming.

We waited out on the pier in Norfolk for the Bush to make it's arrival and of course I cried about 80 times throughout the day. Sarah had made the cutest sign but with the wind blowing everywhere it blew off some letters, Greg appreciated it anyway. ;) THey lived in California when he left for deployment and got reassigned here to Virginia. So while he was away, Sarah moved them to this area and found a house. He came back here having never stepped foot in Virginia Beach or knowing even where his house was. Sarah's sign reads From sea to sea now home to me. They are adorable and I hope they have a great holiday together with each other.










1 comment:

Jen said...

Love these pictures! this brought tears to my eyes and I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel for you guys!