Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Insert Baby Here....

Well after my venting in the last post I decided to be a little more positive in this post and show off the nursery to all the family members who can't be here to see it in person. It is not finished. I am waiting on a nursery map that is being made for me with the world in blue and green hues. It will go in the frame that is currently sitting on the changing pad. I also have some more reorganizing to do etc. But the linens are made and put up, everything is unpacked, and the clothes are washed and put up. You'll get the picture. ;)






This is the blanket my mom cross-stiched for Jack. It is bordered in the fabric she used to make the crib skirt. Gemma, Hall's mom, also used the striped fabric when she made the curtains. All of the fabrics turned out great!






Yes Jack has an iPod. Yes it has music on it. Yes Ke$ha might be on there ;) I have all the nursery rhymes plugged into a playlist, but I figure mommy needs a playlist too. And don't worry unbeknownst to me, Hall has been making a playlist as well while on deployment. So yeah, daddy will have stuff to listen to as well. I can guarantee you he won't listen to Ke$ha. Charlotte and Rip got us those stuffed animals of vintage Pooh Bear characters. Frank has been very good with them and only introduced himself once. Since then he has been stand-offish. ;) Most of the books were mine growing up. Some are Hall's and some are new.


I love this shelf. Right now it has some towels and boat shoes. Heather Hewitt got us those shoes and some matching outfits that are to die for. The rattle on the left was Gemma's from when she was a baby and then Hall and Julia's and I am so honored to have it for Jack. The Stormy Kromer hat is from Karin and the plane baby teether made out of wood that I am in love with is from Jessi. Goodnight Beach is too cute and from Rip and Charlotte.


These are the curtains Gemma made and I think they look great. She used the fabric from the blanket and crib skirt and it just ties it all together.


This growth chart I hung on the door and I found it on Etsy. I love it! Can't wait to use it and am terrified of when my baby will be 5 feet!

3 comments:

Erynn said...

Britt, this is so cute! I love that lots of the items are so personal. That painting of the plane is especially adorable. Can't wait to see the three (guess Frank counts, too, so four!) of you in the room!!
xoxo

Leighton said...

LOVE it!!! What a great nursery:) can't wait for you to post a picture with Jack in that crib!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great nursery! Love the fact that your families have contributed to it. How loved can one little guy be?