
The picture is ridiculous I know. Hall and I realized we haven't been drinking enough water, well not really realized it, but decided it was time we did something about it. So yes, we now keep track of how many glasses we have in one day on our kitchen chalk board. Sad, yes. However, after many midnight trips to the potty, chalk wars over who is drinking faster than whom (i erased this mornings chalk messages before I took the picture...sorry I think it went something like..suck it monkey up by two already)...it's working! Making it semi-competitive or at least holding each other accountable is helping us achieve our goals of 8 8oz. glasses of water a day. I love finishing my water bottle because I get to chalk up not one, not two, but three points! We've even found it to be an added motivator to work out each day because we drink our water bottles extra fast after our workouts. Our reward if we reach 8 glasses by the end of the day? An alcoholic beverage of our choice. Wine for me, whiskey for Hall.
We both know water is important to our bodies functioning properly, I think we all know that. But we just weren't getting enough. We would drink juice, coffee, and booze way more than water lately. It's only been three days and I can tell a difference. I am not hungry all the time, my skin feels great, my body just feels great, even my hair feels better. It sounds like we were severely deprived, and maybe we were.
Now to see how my 12 hour drive to Birmingham is going to go for Thanksgiving.....uh oh. :)
1 comment:
HA!!!! I love this!!!! Way to go, Grahams!
Post a Comment