Friday, November 12, 2010

The Field

It's cool up here and very autumnal feeling. We were finally able to make a short jaunt up to our favorite winter spot to run Frank yesterday...the field! We don't do it in the summer because our little furry family member loves to run off the paths and through the soy bean field. Snakes are everywhere out there I am sure of it (if you know me I am TERRIFIED of those slithery creatures) so I will not go near the place until I am sure the snakes are hibernating or frozen in their tracks on the ground (eck...even if I ran into a frozen dead one I would still pee my pants...and scream...and leave the field immediately...sorry Hall) but in the winter I am in love with the place and it makes me want to own tons of land. You walk on paths around wooded areas where there are tons of deer. On the far side of the field is a soy bean field which is jutted up to more woods with beautiful autumn leaves. It's owned by the city and sign where we park the car tells us no trespassing, but we go anyway and we aren't the only ones. Occasionally we will see runners, or other people with dogs, but in seeing them they are miles off in the distance and we never meet. Here are some pics of our fun walk.











No comments: