I went with Hall to help out at the booth. It was great because we got to watch the air show, sit under the shade of the tent, and hang out with one another. It's always fun to see the "air show fans" come and talk to the pilots about their jobs and get autographs. I was planning on helping to sell stuff and then I realized no one wanted to buy anything from me, they wanted to buy stuff from the guys in the green flight suits. :) So I sat back with some other wives and helped behind the scenes.
The other funny aspect to me was watching all of the pilots get so excited about the air show! I figured since they fly all the time they wouldn't be as interested as they were and I was so wrong. They were like kids in a candy store. They loved watching it even when it was their plane that they flew was up in the air.
Every year that the air show happens I mean to tell people about it and next year that is my promise. I will let everyone know about the air show ahead of time so if anyone wants to come and see it with Hall you can. A lot of families are there and I just forget every year that it would be pretty cool for friends and family members to come hang out see the show and see Hall with all of his "fans."
Of course the camera was positioned skyward the whole time and I didn't take any pics of the booth or products or people... next time. Here are shots of what we got to see, Hall was most interested in what is called the Heritage flights. When you see an old plane with the new jets that is showing the same plane through it's different stages. There is a heritage flight of Hall's plane. It is the picture with just two planes. In this shot it is showing the first jet made to fly off an aircraft carrier in WWII and what that plane looks like now, the Rhino, Hall's plane the F/A-18 Superhornet (except the one in this pic is a two seater).
No comments:
Post a Comment