Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beach Spa

For the last seven months one of our best friends, Karin, has been on deployment in Afghanistan. We are so proud of her and so happy she is back in the world again and here with us. We took care of her house, which for most of the time, involved a simple drive by to make sure the house was still standing and wasn't broken into. In the summer time we mowed her yard a few times and drove her car ;) For some reason she gets back from spending seven months on a boat, and decides to give us a gift. (I never said she had a sound mind). When really we should be giving her the same gift in return for her service to our country and for sacrificing daily on our behalf. Think about it, the girl wore shower shoes to the shower for seven months, lived in a room without a window with everything taped to the walls so it wouldn't fall off. She did not get to spend much time outside at all, lived in 140 degree weather, where her stateroom had an average temperature of 102 degrees (yeah think about sleeping in that), and did not have a drop of alcohol to get her through it until she got to port, because that's right, booze isn't allowed on the ship. I'm just saying it's messed up.

But, true to form, we accepted the gift with our greedy little hands and are very excited about it. She got us one of the most amazing things I've ever heard of, why didn't I think of this? We have two nights at the Beach Spa Bed and Breakfast right here in town with her promise to take Frank for us while we are on our "stay-cation." Hall is going to be gone a lot over the next four months he will be home for a total of three weeks (and by home I mean he is still working his tail off he'll just get to see his wife and dog and sleep in his own bed). It's going to suck big time, but it's what we knew was coming. This gift is so perfect because we can't go anywhere to get away there just isn't time, so this way we can celebrate our anniversary right here in town, but feel like we're miles away.

The pics are from the room I booked. Look at the shower! I cannot wait. Thanks Karin!




1 comment:

Leighton said...

GREAT gift! Jealous;) Enjoy your time together!