Saturday, June 5, 2010

Disaster

I cannot fathom people's lack of reaction to this oil spill. I cannot understand how some people cannot grasp how serious this is and why only recently the rest of the country has started to realize this affects them too, not just the gulf.

The seafood industry in the gulf will take years to recover, the tourists to the gulf will not want to come to oil filled beaches and waters, the wildlife is dying and it's still not fixed, the oil leak hasn't even been stopped. It's the biggest disaster I have ever witnessed and I am disgusted by the amount of time that has passed and still nothing. I am ashamed to say that now that the oil is reaching beaches and killing wildlife that maybe, just maybe, this will infuriate the public like nothing else has. People are mad, people are shocked, but there are tons of people that still don't understand the severity of this disaster.

No comments: