Saturday, November 14, 2009

Year Old Cake

Hall and I celebrated our first year anniversary last weekend. It was actually really nice. Saturday night we went to a local restaurant called Terrapin. It was amazing. And lovely. They had little menus made up for us wishing us a Happy 1st year. It was nice. I'll list out what each of us had, because that's the only way I can do it justice.

Eastern Shore Littleneck Clams in a White Wine Tomato-Garlic Sauce
Terrapin's Truffle Mac & Cheese with Vermont Private stock Cheddar and Black Truffles

Duo Of Heritage: Slow Braised pork belly over potato Anna with Truffle Demi, Smoked Paprika Dusted Pork Tenderloin & Apple Ginger Compote with Cauliflower Puree

All Natural Beef Tenderloin with Creamed Spinach & Golden Chanterelle Mushrooms with Tempura Fried Vidalia Onion Rings

It was divine. We each had dessert too. I can't even remember what dessert we had but it was a play on Candy Bars. The bottle of wine at the table was divine. It was so nice to go to a great restaurant and eat awesome food.

We opened a bottle of wine we had saved from the wedding. We also followed tradition and ate year old wedding cake. It was really good still. The freezer does cake good suprisingly. It still tasted like it did on the wedding day.

A lot of you may not know this story but my original cake lady went out of business and never told me. So I call her when we discussed I would to get the final details straight and she tells me this news three weeks before the wedding. So my new cake lady I was able to find with the help of Susan Morgan and Hall's Mom. She was fantastic, did a great job, did it with less than three weeks notice, and we still had the remnants of a beautiful cake to enjoy one year later.

We also took the dogs to the field to play that day on Sunday because it gives us a lot of joy to see them running around and so happy. (For those of you who don't follow often the Golden Retriever is Callie and we are dog sitting her for our good friend Karin who is out on a boat for three weeks)













1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention your amazing brother who salvaged you a bottle of wine from your wedding which you woud have never had!!!