Friday, January 10, 2014

Baby Will, B Will, Baboo

Those are all the nicknames Jack has for his new little brother William. Hall and I have taken to calling him those nicknames too. Hall and Jack have also called him Willy Bob jokingly because they know it drives me crazy. Even Jack will call him Willy Bob to my face then look at me for a reaction. Needless to say Jack loves Will. He gets a little jealous at times but nothing like I was prepared for. He always tells Will good morning, kisses him and gives him a pat on the head. He tells Will Bless You when he sneezes and laughs with Will when he burps or poots. Boy humor ;) My heart melts every time. While I am not wishing my time away, because I'm not, I also can't wait for them to run around together in the backyard and play. That being said I LOVE having a baby again. they are the BEST. So sweet and snuggly and HAPPY!

Will has nuzzled his little way into my heart in a completely different way than Jack did. It took me a little longer to bond with Will than it did after Jack was born. I think in a way I was apprehensive of this little baby and what he would do to mine and Jack's relationship. Something I considered sacred. I had nothing to worry about. Will is the sweetest, happiest, free spirit in the world. Around the same age I already knew Jack was vivacious, full of life and what some might call a character. And he is exactly that. He is funny and loud and in charge. In the same way I can already tell that Will is a sweet, loving, quiet, not expecially reserved, but one who lets Jack take the stage and is happy to laugh and support him from the audience. Will is his own person and loves attention but is also happy to entertain himself. He is completely determined to master skills already. He's rolling over one direction is working on rolling the other way. He loves when I stand him up. He is going to be good at sports I have a feeling. It's amazing how much you can tell so early but being around them so much it's just who they are. Jack's the entertainer, the comedian. Will is the athlete.  I love Jack for being loud and energetic and I love Will for being quiet and happy, determined and still content. I was surprised by that. I figured you would love your second kid just like the first (as hard as it was to imagine loving another anything as much as your first baby) but you love your second kid just as much but in an entirely differnt way. Simply because they are a different person. You can't love two people the same way. Just as you love your mom and dad for different reasons, because they are different people.

Managing two has been the toughest part of having two. Having a baby the second time has been a breeze. He's sleeping through the night, on a good nap schedule, and eats like a champ. I feel sometimes like I could do it with my eyes closed . Figuring out how to intermingle their two schedules however has been tough. It's a constant challenge to balance naptimes and feeding times. Playing with Jack and also entertaining Will has been a challenge too. I have guilt over one or the other but just realize every day that I am only one person and both of the kids are fine whether I played with them equally that day or not. At the end of the day they are fed, bathed, sheltered and loved. Unfortunatly, that is more than a lot of kids on this Earth. And for that they are blessed.

And because of these two Hall and I are blessed. Beyond words or comprehension blessed. And we are so, so thankful

No comments: