Hall and I got a chance to go see his family this weekend in St. Simon's, GA. His parents bought a house down there a little over 7 months ago and it was our first chance to visit. We headed south along with his Graham side of the family. We were there to celebrate his Grandfather's birthday.
The trip got off to a rough start when we were delayed in Atlanta for the night. But at least Hall's sister Julia was there, so we got extra time with her. It was disappointing to not get there until Saturday, but what can you do with weather? When we did land and get off in the car I got the news that my Uncle John, my dad's oldest brother died that morning, after struggling with recovery from heart attacks and strokes. It was hard to go through that on the vacation, but as God always has a plan, it ended up being okay. I got to spend time with loved ones, relax at the beach, and as luck would have it, we visited an Episcopal Church that day where I got to say a few prayers for my family. And then the next morning we went to a sun rise, which I feel is always so meaningful after a death.
Charlotte, planned a great weekend for everyone. We went on a trolly ride that picked us up at their house and took us on a historical tour around the island, and I learned a lot of neat facts. Then we had dinner together at the Putter's Club, and finished with drinks at the house.
Like I said we got up early to see the sun rise on East Beach, where we saw a shark in the shallow water, it was so cool. We had a great breakfast at the house afterwards, and then everyone went their separate ways. Hall, Julia, Charlotte, Rip and I got to spend the rest of the day together touring the island, going to the pool and getting awesome bar-b-que.
We def. want to plan our next trip back.

No comments:
Post a Comment